Dad-of-four with no underlying health conditions dies of Covid-19 at 38 after refusing jab – Chronicle Live

A family has been left devastated after the sudden death of a dad-of-four who was admitted to hospital with coronavirus.

At the age of just 38, Antony Ayiotis passed away on September 17 nearly a week after he was taken to hospital with Covid-19.

His family said Antony, from Romford, had not been vaccinated as he thought he “didn’t go out” enough to need it.

Go here for the latest coronavirus updates and breaking Covid-19 news

Antony’s sister Stacie Ayiotis, 36, told My London, that the family is shocked and heartbroken by their loss.

She said: “We’re all absolutely heartbroken and devastated. It all happened so quickly.

Antony had four young children
Antony had four young children
(Image: Stacie Ayiotis)

“Every day he was in hospital he deteriorated. We didn’t for one minute think he would die like that.”

Stacie said her brother didn’t have any underlying health conditions prior to catching Covid.

She said it had put the benefits of the vaccine into stark perspective in the most tragic way possible.

She said: “His partner was double jabbed so thankfully didn’t catch it, but he went into hospital last week on the Saturday and died the following Friday.

“He had no underlying health conditions, he didn’t smoke and he didn’t drink – but he wasn’t jabbed.

“He said he didn’t need to be because he didn’t go out.

“It makes you realise how good the vaccine must be, his partner who was double jabbed didn’t get it and he ended up dying from it.”

In order to celebrate Antony’s life, Stacie and her family have appealed for donations on GoFundMe to put some money aside for his family and to pay for a funeral.

Stacie believes that while the family continues to adjust to the shock of losing him, it is important to pay their respects.

Antony had no underlying health conditions
Antony had no underlying health conditions
(Image: Stacie Ayiotis)

She said: “It’s all still so raw we’re dealing with the shock and the grief.

“Obviously nobody was prepared for it, we want to give him the best send-off we can, for him and his children.

“He was very close to all his children, the three boys he had with his ex-wife and his daughter with his current partner.

“It’ll be something for them to say goodbye properly.”

For the latest local news in your area direct to your inbox every day, go here to sign up to our free newsletter

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *