Pets at Home employee dies after being critically injured at work – Stoke-on-Trent Live

A Pets at Home worker has died after being flown to hospital with critical injuries.

The 39-year-old man named Shaun was today described as a ‘valued colleague’ after he lost his fight for life.

Emergency services had been called to the retailer’s warehouse in Campbell Road, Stoke, following reports Shaun was ‘trapped in a piece of machinery’.

More Stoke-on-Trent news

Firefighters worked to free Shaun, from Tunstall, who was then airlifted to the Royal Stoke University Hospital at 1.40pm on October 4 where he later died.

A Pets at Home spokesman “We are devastated by the death of our colleague, Shaun. He was a valued colleague at our Campbell Road Distribution Centre and we will miss him very much.

“Our focus now is on supporting Shaun’s family, friends and colleagues at this incredibly difficult time.

“We are also continuing to assist the relevant authorities with their investigations into this tragic event however we can.”

The Health and Safety Executive have been informed of the death and an investigation is ongoing.

Not signed up to the newsletter? Try it outhere

Sign up now to receive it for free here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *