Pets at Home employee dies after getting trapped in machinery at work – The Mirror

The 39-year-old man named Shaun was described as a ‘valued colleague’ after he lost his fight for life following the accident which saw him airlifted to hospital

Emergency services at the scene at the retailer's warehouse in Campbell Road, Stoke
Emergency services at the scene at the retailer’s warehouse in Campbell Road, Stoke (

Image: BPM Media)

A Pets at Home worker has died after reportedly getting trapped in machinery’ at work.

The 39-year-old man named Shaun was described as a ‘valued colleague’ after he lost his fight for life.

Emergency services had been called to the retailer’s warehouse in Campbell Road, Stoke, following reports Shaun was ‘trapped in a piece of machinery’.

Firefighters worked to free Shaun, from Tunstall, who was then airlifted to the Royal Stoke University Hospital at 1.40pm on October 4 where he later died, reports StokeonTrent Live.

A Pets at Home spokesman “We are devastated by the death of our colleague, Shaun. He was a valued colleague at our Campbell Road Distribution Centre and we will miss him very much.

Firefighters worked to free Shaun, from Tunstall, who was then airlifted to the Royal Stoke University Hospital
(

Image:

BPM Media)

“Our focus now is on supporting Shaun’s family, friends and colleagues at this incredibly difficult time.

“We are also continuing to assist the relevant authorities with their investigations into this tragic event however we can.”

The Health and Safety Executive have been informed of the death and an investigation is ongoing.

Read More

Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *