A combination of the pandemic and Brexit has changed the landscape of the job market as we know it.
In response to the shortage, Waitrose is recruiting lorry drivers on a massive £53,870 year salary to entice people to the role – as Mirror Online reports.
Waitrose say the position offers “a vast range of benefits and a healthy work-life balance” – and The Times reports this would put lorry drivers on a higher salary than secondary school teachers (£40,880), solicitors (£43,190) and architects (£42,930).
The demand for new lorry drivers has also seen Tesco and Iceland bump up salaries by 25% – and offer a signing-on bonus of at least £1,000. M&S is offering a sign up incentive of £2,000.
James Clifford, boss of driver trainers HGTV, said new recruits could make up to £60,000 a year.
HGV drivers are not the only workers in demand after the pandemic as a plumbing company has said demand for their services has gone through the roof.
Pimlico Plumbers say work that was previously put on hold due to the pandemic can now go ahead and they are recruiting 50 skilled engineers – who could earn up to £150,000.
Glassdoor have compiled together a list of fun jobs that you can earn a surprisingly good wage.
10 fun jobs that offer a good wage
– Videographer – £18,000 to £32,000 per year
– Travel Agent – £14,000 to £32,000 per year
The Liverpool Echo sends newsletters on a wide range of topics – including our daily news bulletin, now going out three times a day.
There are others on what’s on, politics, court news, Knowsley, Wirral, and arts & culture, as well as both Liverpool FC and Everton FC.
Signing up is free and it only takes a minute for you to get the biggest stories, sent straight to your inbox.
How to sign up for an Echo Email Update
2) Put your email in the box where indicated
3) Tick as many boxes as you like, for each newsletter you want.
4) Press Save changes and that’s it!
– Interior Designer – £20,000 to £44,000 per year
– Pastry Chef – £25,000 to £38,000 per year
– Software Engineer – £35,000 to £90,000 per year
– Marketing Specialist – £23,000 to £54,000 per year
– Graphic Designer – £22,000 to £40,000 per year
– Event Planner – £20,000 to £43,000 per year
– Flight Attendant – £12,000 to £30,000 per year
– Freelance Writer – £13,000 to £85,000 per year
Want to find out the latest news in your area? Enter your postcode on our In Your Area page here